What’s Your Fantasy?

22 Aug

Do you remember some of the great TV shows you watched as a child?

Recently, I got into a detailed discussion with some of my co-workers about which show was better–Love Boat or Fantasy Island?  I voted for Fantasy Island. I just loved it when Mr. Roarke and Tattoo made somebody’s ultimate wish come true.  I was eight or nine years old when the show premiered. I had no idea of the logistics behind actually giving someone a new lifestyle and identity for a couple of days.  All I knew was that it was COOL!

When one of my co-workers asked me what my fantasy was, I told her I had two fantasies.  One was to be Wonder Woman.  The other was to marry Michael Jackson.  What a pair we would have made.

And she said, “No silly, not back then. If you could go to Fantasy Island right now, what would your fantasy be?”

I was stumped.  Isn’t it crazy how as a child I could come up with a fantasy off the top of my head?  Yet, as an adult, I had to seriously think about what I wanted and who it would affect?  After some deep thought, I decided my fantasy really hasn’t changed. Well, I can’t marry Michael Jackson for obvious reasons, and I don’t think he could have handled me anyway.  I’m too loud and outspoken!  But I still want to be Wonder Woman–figuratively speaking. I want to be able to do it all.  Have a fabulous career, a romance that stands the test of  time, a passport full of stamps from traveling the world, a massive kitchen with two stoves for cooking (Oh, and the skills to cook on them), and a life filled with great memories.

I know, you may be thinking that sounds so corny. But if I told you I wanted to be a dramatic actress in a Broadway play with people giving me a standing ovation every night, then would you think?

Now, it’s your turn: If you could be on Fantasy Island right now, what would your fantasy be?

Advertisements

12 Responses to “What’s Your Fantasy?”

1. Cecelia Dowdy August 22, 2012 at 6:03 pm #

What would my fantasy be? Is it okay if I chose two, one for me and one for my husband? I wish that I could be a multi-millionaire author with tons of books in print and I could also quit my day job.

I also wish my husband could see. He’s totally blind, was born that way, and has never seen anything in his entire life. My fantasy would be to give him sight for the weekend so that he could see his son and see me and, of course, see everything else out there! 🙂

I used to love watching Fantasy Island, but, I also enjoyed watching the Love Boat, too! 🙂

• chantarandblog August 22, 2012 at 6:29 pm #

Cecilia, that is a beautiful fantasy. What I loved about it is that you had a fantasy for two. How sweet! I remember watching a movie called At First Sight with Val Kilmer where he regained his sight after being blind. I was so beautiful.

• Cecelia Dowdy August 22, 2012 at 8:08 pm #

Chanta, thanks for mentioning that movie. I’ll need to look it up and watch it!

2. Delaney Diamond August 22, 2012 at 6:24 pm #

Those are nice fantasies, Cecelia. How amazing would it be for your husband to see his family.

I never watched Fantasy Island. I was a Love Boat girl. My one fantasy is to have the means and time to do more traveling. It seems I may be able to do more of that next year, so my fantasy is coming true a little bit at a time!

• chantarandblog August 22, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

Delaney, your fantasy sounds like it is VERY achieveable. One thing is for sure, you must go somewhere with plenty of Latin men so you can keep writing your Hot Latin Men series!

• Delaney Diamond August 22, 2012 at 7:02 pm #

Most definitely! I’m already brushing up on my Spanish. Lol.

• Cecelia Dowdy August 22, 2012 at 8:10 pm #

Delaney,
      Traveling is nice. I used to work for a travel agency as an accountant. As a result, I got great discounts! I traveled places for free (or greatly reduced rates) and it was great! I’d never been on an airplane until I’d started working there! LOL!! I was able to travel different places in the world and it was an amazing experience for me.

• chantarandblog August 22, 2012 at 8:53 pm #

Cecilia, I’m feeling you on that. Right now, I have a job where I get to travel for free. The problem is once the trip is over, I don’t want to go back to work! LOL!

3. shawnlpn1 August 23, 2012 at 1:18 am #

A few years back, Fantasy Island was revamped. It only lasted for one season, and i know why. It was bad. Not nearly as good as the original. I used to look forward to the original. I always tuned in. My fantasy? World famous novelist. I’m talking JK rowling status. I could also stand a few more stamps in my passport. I always wanted to visit Bora Bora.

• Cecelia Dowdy August 23, 2012 at 1:36 am #

Shawn, I’ve visited Tahiti! Nice place. However, we never made it to Bora Bora! 😦

• shawnlpn1 August 23, 2012 at 2:01 am #

Oh I’m so jealous! That’s another place I’d love to go!

• chantarandblog August 23, 2012 at 3:43 am #

Dang! It must have been bad if I never even knew it was remade all those years ago. That just goes to show that sometimes the best memories are just that – memories. I like the JK Rowling fantasy. But I don’t think I could go through what she did. I heard she was homeless at one point and living out of her car before she made it. She’s had one heck of a struggle to get to the top. By the way, Bora Bora and Tahiti both sound so exotic. I’m jealous of Cecelia too!